Tuesday 19 June 2012

Sushi Sushi Sushi!

My favourite cuisine by far is Japanese. When I saw that there was a new Japanese restaurant open in Wimbledon, I had to try it. Stick'n'sushi originated from Copenhagen (found that a bit unusual...never thought I would use sushi and Copenhagen in the same sentence!) Anyway, after reading a bit about the restaurant, I found out that it was set up by three half-Japanese, half-Dutch brothers. They took advantage of their multicultrual background and created an innovative fusion dish. I can tell you now that they got it spot on. The food was so delicious! 


The interior was super chic and modern- brick walls and celling kind of reminded me of a New York loft apartment?!
The salmon, the duck and his friends- The name of this dish made me giggle 
Yummi Roll- Tempura shrimp, avo, sugar snaps, red onion and hamachi on top .NOM.
Chicken and leek skewers in teriyaki sauce
Mixed salad with all my favourite ingredients- avo, edamame, warm duck, chicken, egg and best of all...soy sesame dressing! :) 
Had to try this- looked too cute. Chocolate bite with crispy puffed rice coating
Mama Chan chose this- Chocolate cake with raspberry foam and vanilla ice-cream. Wasn't too keen on it at first but turned out to be rather yummy. The super sweet and chocolately cake complimented the light, tangy raspberry foam perfectly! 
Got to have it with all the layers! YUM


Another great restaurant that i will definitely be revisiting! Recommend it to all fusion Japanese lovers out there!

Uploading these photos are making me crave sushi seriously badly! I really do have an unhealthy obsession with sushi...well what can i say....i'm a penguin.

More later...
x







No comments:

Post a Comment